I've complied some of them and started writing, so be on the lookout for more posts about my alternate super powers =]
I love the snot out of my baby... seriously!
Like any first time mom, I was so worried when Adelaide got her first runny nose. And yes, I took pictures of it! Her cute little nose with clear goo coming out, so adorable! But back to worrying -- was she sick? was she teething? Should I buy a new humidifier? We better get our air ducts cleaned.. (Afterall, this onset of gooey-ness came on the morning after we ran the AC for the first time this season) Maybe it's allergies? Should I take a rectal temp? Oh, and I definitely better stay home from work with her tomorrow!
After a day filled with "gonna get your nosey", "peek a goo!", and saline drops.. It was bed time again for the little plugged up baby. I just knew it was going to be a long night. And it was. She woke up every few hours totally plugged up, and not too happy about it either! I cleaned her nose, fed her if she was hungry, and put her back to sleep. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Ahh, 6am. Finally.
During the 2am wake up, I immediately logged onto Amazon from my phone, typed in great nasal aspirator and hit search. Great? Heck, anything better than the one the hospital gives you will be better! It was love at first sight. His name, Nosefrida. He is swedish if you couldn't tell =] and he got here in two days thanks to Amazon Prime! Have you seen this thing? You put the tube up to baby's goo factory, and suck with your mouth to suction the culprit(s) out. It's genius really! And it totally works too. Adelaide could then eat, sleep and breathe without sounding like a pug.
We are on our second episode of "oh no, it's running again" but this time, we aren't running her to the ER =]
Oh, and we aren't up and down all night either, I just whip out Nosefrida and suck the snot outta my kid!
Sincerely,

p.s Learn more about Nosefrida here!

No comments:
Post a Comment