& why did you go so fast? I really do not appreciate what you did to me.
| Addie modeling Grandpa's Mac & Cheese |
We loaded Adelaide up and down we went. Took us forever to park, FOREVER..
We got her loaded in the stroller (wrong idea - too crowded for that) and walked around to the different booths after skimming some tickets off my dad =] It was HOT and I was GRUMPY so we ended up leaving.. Adelaide had a melt down in the car because it was near 10pm and she was over tired.
Saturday, Andy went down and helped Dad work his booth. After I got off we met him and walked around some more, this time I wore Adelaide in the Moby wrap and we had a MUCH better time. She loved seeing all the people and listening to the music. I love how everyone that sees her smiles... I do the same thing every time I look at her!
| Just hanging out @ Taste of Omaha |
Adelaide was an awesome baby! She had a great time hanging out with grandma and mommy and all the ladies at the shower. She was definitely the life of the party!
There went my weekend! *sigh* albeit fun, it went too fast.
My heart longs for the day when I will be able to be a stay at home mom and spend all my hours with my hearts delight...
I have to share this recipe from last nights dinner! the fresh 20 dinners this week are looking pretty good and Monday night totally rocked! We skipped tonight, because well, it was swordfish!!! no way.
Here it it... Tuscan White Bean Soup w/Gruyere Herb Croutons
INGREDIENTS
For Gruyère herb croutons
1/3 whole wheat baguette, cut into 1” cubes
1 1⁄2 Tablespoons olive oil 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 Tablespoons Swiss Gruyère, shredded
For Tuscan white bean soup
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1⁄2 fennel bulb, finely chopped (i skipped this)
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, diced
2 cans cannellini beans, drained but reserving 1 cup of liquid
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock 2 cups water 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano 1⁄2 Tablespoon salt
6oz arugula leaves (i skipped this too haha)
For Gruyère herb croutons
Preheat oven to 375oF. Toss baguette cubes with olive oil, oregano, black pepper, and salt. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and pour in a bowl. Toss with grated Gruyère and set aside.
For Tuscan white bean soup
Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Sauté onions for 2 minutes. Add fennel, carrots, and celery. Sauté for 5-6 minutes. Pour in tomatoes and stir for a minute before adding cannellini beans and reserved liquid. After sautéing for another minute, stir in vegetable stock, water, dried oregano, and salt.
Bring pot to boil. Cover with lid once soup is bubbling and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook covered for 10 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove lid and stir in arugula. Cook for a half minute to wilt the arugula before the soup is ready.
Serve with a handful of croutons on top of soup.
I cut the recipe in half for us, because this, as it is, serves 4.
Be careful with the Gruyere!!! It was the first time I purchased this kind of cheese and didn't look at the price................$15! It is REALLY REALLY good but no cheese is worth $15! haha
Note to self: check the labels, DUH
I am sure there is cheaper Gruyere out there.. So just consider yourself warned!
| My smiley baby girl! |
| <3 this picture! Kisses from daddy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment